Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My, Well Somebody's, Big Redneck Baby Shower

To begin with, let me just say that the family farm is a very special place for my family. My dad & his other 7 siblings were born & raised right here. We love to have lots of get-togethers & celebrations here, but this time was probably one of the most comical.


You might be having a redneck baby shower if ...

The "table" for the gifts is actually a hay trailer loaded with freshly harvested red new potatoes:


Your uncle is seen handing out "appetizers" (a.k.a. new potatoes taken from the trailer, washed in the spigot, grilled with butter & seasonings, plated on fine Chinet, & "served" directly to your mouth from the end of a pocket knife). Think I'm joking???


Need hydrating? We have the freshest, straight from the spring, water around. Shoot, you don't even need a bottle! Heck, you don't even need a cup or glass!


Hot? Flies & gnats gettin' to ya'? Why, we even have a 10hp eee-lectrical air conditioning system w/ built-in pest deterrent capabilities!


Some of your gifts actually come "wrapped" in a farmers' co-op paper bag!


Your decorations include this chair & "cleverly" hidden tool shelf...


And finally...any of your pictures feature farming equipment in the background!


Note: Do NOT reenact a portion of Diary of a Mad Black Woman in front of an audience where only ONE person has seen the movie! Let's just say that the dad-to-be was taking a little too long opening a present & as soon as I said "rip it," the drama demon possessed me. I was full-out Madea in the walk-in closet. For those of you not familiar with Madea...RENT the movies!!! I wish I had a photo of everyone's expression, except for my twisted sister, Tammy, who knew exactly what I was doing.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am laughing way too hard! That is hysterical!

(And by the way, those pics of Charlotte make me feel old!)

When is Ava/Stella due?

Jenny said...

Awesome! :) How old are those kids???

Kristy said...

Amy: Tell me about it! I remember changing the twins' diapers. Ava/Stella is due any day. In fact, none of us can believe she hasn't had her yet. She's had lots signs/symptoms. Even the midwife is surprised because of her discomfort/contractions & the baby is in position. We're just waiting.

Jen: My niece is going to be 23 in the fall. She & her husband are both students at FSU. Definitely young love but with a determination to make it. They have no idea how quickly & drastically their life is going to change. Their pretty realistic, but until you live it...

Anonymous said...

WIRE HANGERS????? Vera Wang? Who is that? She do nails, cause I need my nails did...

Kristy said...

Rock on, Madea! Oh, I'm not gonna' hurt 'im, I'm gonna' KIIILL him!!!

Instead of "Tawanda" during menopause, I want to be Madea...