Monday, December 22, 2008

Bah Humbug!!

Why am I feeling "Grinchy" you ask? Could it be the non-stop cough for 3 weeks? Could it be the bronchitis that turned into pneumonia & as I was finally starting to beat the darn thing....dumdumdum...a viral COLD???? Add to that two lovely cold sores & the end of the semester for some Christmas cheer. To top off my holiday festivities, I had a colonoscopy today. That's right. I had to do something that topped off the year, 96, I believe, when I had ALL FOUR wisdom teeth pulled on December 23rd. Of course, the very next February, I met Joe. So, maybe something equally amazing will happen this year. I don't mean meeting another guy, of course....;)

For those of you wondering...the test turned out great. Great of course, if you consider great to mean drinking 2 quarts of oily, salty, lemon-lime flavored YUCK. (Better than the gallon some have to drink!) Thankfully, I don't have to have another one for 5 years. But those of you with kids no how quickly 5 years can go by!

Seriously, I'm thankful all is finally well. My sister's life was saved 2 years ago by an early colonoscopy. She had the early stages of colon cancer & was blessed to only have surgery & no treatments. I thank God for her everyday. It's not a fun experience, but if it will save your life...

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

...it is worth it and good for you for having one. With your sister's experience it is very wise of you.

I had a colonoscopy last year. I had put it off for years...hating even the thought of it...it was no fun to be sure....getting ready for it was the pits...the day that I had to not eat and only drink clear liquids I was teaching. As the day went on each period seemed to get worse but I am sure it was me. I had the colonoscopy on Thurs and planned to go back to school on Fri. but I ended up taking Fri. off too. It is a good thing I had a good sub that could take directions on the phone.

Sorry that you have been sick. I hope the rest of your holiday will be much better and that you will have a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Best wishes, Grammy Lura