Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Losing My Mind or Just Another Teacher in May?

This year, I've had bus duty every Wednesday afternoon. Thinking all day yesterday that it was Wed., I ,made it 1/2 way there before realizing it was only Tuesday...guess I just wanted summer to come a little quicker! BUT...that's only the beginning...

Having a few moments without students, I needed to call my beloved and at least leave him a message, so I picked up my classroom phone & proceeded to call him. While waiting for him to pick-up, I could faintly hear my phone ringing from inside my purse which is inside my filing cabinet. After fumbling to unlock the cabinet before realizing it was ALREADY unlocked, I grabbed my phone & was shocked to see the school's # where I work displayed on the caller id. I simply could not figure out who could be calling my cell phone from the school. (Keep in mind I still have my classroom phone up to my ear waiting to speak to Joe.) My DUH moment came when I said "hello" to myself...seriously.

Oh...and how is it that my students never hear the page # we're on or the directions, but they can hear my phone vibrate from inside my huge Vera Bradley QUILTED purse locked inside of my filing cabinet???

No comments: